Ways to Give
In partnership with alumni and friends around the world, UC Davis is solving the most critical issues facing the world today — complex problems that require collaboration among experts across academic disciplines.
Philanthropic gifts provide vital support for this work, helping UC Davis fulfill its land-grant mission to address society’s most pressing problems.
UC Davis invites you to consider making a gift, and, in doing so, to become a partner in the university’s efforts to educate, discover, care for patients and serve the public with great distinction. The ways of giving to UC Davis are as diverse as the opportunities to join the university in fulfilling its mission. The best way to give depends on your life circumstances, your financial goals and your philanthropic interests.
Make a gift now
You can make a gift now in the following ways:
Pledge your support, or make a gift with a credit card, by calling:
Send a check, made out to UC Davis Foundation, to:
UC Davis Gift Administration
1460 Drew Avenue, Suite 100
Davis, CA 95618
Gifts will be directed to the UC Davis Annual Fund unless you specify otherwise.
There are many ways to give. Please contact us at (530) 754-4438 for assistance with the methods of giving described below.
More Ways to Give
- Cash gifts may also be made by money order or wire transfer.
- Pledges allow donors to promise a gift and make payments over time, which sometimes enables contributors to give more generously than otherwise possible. Payments can be made using cash, credit cards, securities, or other kinds of assets, over a period of up to five years.
- Planned gifts are giving arrangements that enable donors to support the university while benefiting from specific tax advantages and income streams.
- Gifts of securities, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds, can provide relief from capital gains taxes.
- Gifts-in-kind are items of tangible personal property or other physical assets — including artwork, books, equipment or specialized instruments — that are of value to the university.
- Gifts of real property, including land, farms, personal residences, and rental or commercial property, can benefit the university while providing relief from capital gains taxes and eliminating property expenses.
- Payroll deduction provides UC Davis employees with an easy, convenient and tax-advantaged way to support their university. It also allows UC Davis employees the flexibility of splitting gifts into convenient payments and gives the added ability to control the length and frequency of the donation. Start your payroll deduction today by filing out either:
The UC Davis Faculty Member Payroll Deduction Form or
The UC Davis Staff Member Payroll Deduction Form.
To learn more, download the UC Staff & Faculty Payroll Deduction Procedures.
For more information about ways to give, download the Giving to UC Davis brochure.