Gifts to the Senior Class Challenge support numerous important student resources including:
- research opportunities and internships
- high-quality professors and teaching staff who provide groundbreaking new work and true thought-leadership in numerous industries
- new high-tech laboratory and classroom equipment
- undergraduate scholarships, student groups, and more.
Support from our current student body is some of the most valuable the University receives. But you may be surprised to learn that all of our costs are not covered just by tuition.
In fact, about 8 percent of the financial support for UC Davis comes from student tuition. The remaining 92 percent comes from numerous sources that include, among others:
- local, state and federal government support
- sales and services
- student fees and auxiliary enterprises, and
- private gifts, grants and contracts from Alumni, friends, parents and students
When you give back to the University, your college or school, you literally join the tens of thousands of students and alumni who have helped UC Davis provide a high-quality education to students like you. Your gift, combined with many others, always makes an important difference.