Join Aggies Helping Aggies
We are currently seeking Trustees to serve on one of the committees for the UC Davis Student Foundation. If you are interested in this opportunity submit your application.
The Development Committee leads the organization’s philanthropic efforts and collaborations such as Give Day, crowdfunding, and other peer-to-peer solicitations, along with general event planning and coordination. This committee also runs the annual Senior Class Challenge campaign to encourage graduating seniors to leave their legacy at UC Davis and perpetuate a culture of philanthropy after they graduate.
Finance and Allocation
The Finance and Allocation Committee oversees the allocation of funds associated with the Student Foundation’s responsibilities. In addition to the budget, this includes reviewing and distributing awards for the Student Emergency Relief Aid in collaboration with the Financial Aid office and Aggie Compass, in addition to the Cap and Gown award in collaboration with the UC Davis Bookstore.
Marketing and Stewardship
The Marketing and Stewardship Committee leads the organization’s external communication efforts such as developing and maintaining the brand for the Student Foundation online and creating and executing annual marketing plans. It also leads all stewardship efforts by organizing, working and promoting stewardship events, in close collaboration with DEVAR Donor Relations. Annual events include Aggie Thank U, Leadership Giving Society (LGS) Gala, and the Davis Chancellor’s Club (DCC) Insider Tours, and the By Philanthropy stewardship program.
Volunteers for Aggies Helping Aggies assist with the events that we collaborate on with other campus organizations. For example, you may help with tabling at events like Davisfest, Student Involvement Fair, Aggie Thank U, and Give Day. Volunteers are welcome at our general meetings, but they are not expected to work closely with a committee. This volunteer opportunity is very flexible and based on your availability.
- 8-10 hours per month dedicated to the Student Foundation, which may include tabling and event attendance
- Attendance at virtual weekly/biweekly Committee meetings
- Ability to attend at least one event per quarter to help promote the Student Foundation (e.g. Student Involvement Fair, Spring Retreat)
Trustee Qualifications and Skills:
- Registered student in good academic standing
- Must be an undergraduate student that can ideally commit to at least 3 quarters of service
- A strong interest in and passion for philanthropy
- Strong communication skills
- Professionalism and dedication