When you apply for an award from Aggies Helping Aggies, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before you submit an application. All applications and relevant information will be kept confidential.
Aggies Helping Aggies offers two different awards, Student Emergency Relief Aid (SERA) and the UC Davis Cap & Gown Award. Students are able to apply for both awards at the same time, except all requests for graduation expenses aid must be submitted through the UC Cap & Gown Award. The SERA award does not currently support cap and gown aid, so two separate applications must be filled out in this case. Please make sure you are applying for the correct one or your application may not be considered.
**Due to the transfer to Inclusive Access, we have discontinued the Bookstore Award. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the program.**
Student Emergency Relief Aid (SERA)
Applications for the SERA award are open during the academic year and can be submitted anytime during the quarter. Each student can only be awarded once during their UC Davis career.
Criteria/Requirements to Apply:
- Must be facing a personal financial emergency (see below for examples)
- Must be able to show documented proof of a personal financial emergency
- SERA cannot cover loan debt or the expenses of anyone besides the student applying
- Must be a registered undergraduate student currently attending UC Davis
- Must have a FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file
- Must not have already received an award from this program
- Must not have any unused financial aid offers (from the University) outstanding, including loan offers
UC Davis Cap & Gown Award
Students can receive the UC Davis Cap & Gown Award for the quarter that they are graduating. Check back here to find out when the application is open for 2020-2021.
How to Apply
Choose the corresponding option when applying for an award. If you would like to apply to SERA, please select the option for “facing a financial emergency.” If you would like to apply to the Cap and Gown Award, please select “cap and gown.”
The awards directors of Aggies Helping Aggies must receive all applications before the deadline posted for that quarter. Failure to meet the criteria for the award you are applying for may result in a request for more information, a referral to other services, or denial of your application. Applications received outside of the open application period for either award will not be reviewed.